Industry and Career Resources
Job Search and Career Resources
Job Information Sources
For information about typical job duties, salary, job outlook, required skills and steps to landing a job in the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering field:
- Learn How to Become a Mechanical Engineer
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*net Online
Viterbi Gateway will make it easy for you to search for engineering internship/co-op and full time jobs and give you access to information about Viterbi specific events and resources that include a customized resume builder.
Want to Find an Engineering Internship or Qualify for On-Campus Interviews? Get Started Now!
- Log-in to Viterbi Career Gateway using your USC e-mail and password.
- Click on the tab near the top of the page called Profile to update your personal and academic information.
- First read about On-Campus Recruiting, then sign the On-Campus Recruiting Contract in order to qualify for interviews hosted on campus in Viterbi Career Services.
- Make sure you update and upload your resume and cover letter in the Documents section before you apply to any jobs. The Resume Builder Function under the Resources section will help you draft your resume.
- Click on the tab near the top of the page called Jobs and Internships to start applying to engineering opportunities.
Viterbi Career Gateway is your primary resource for finding most engineering and computer science postings, but you will also want to periodically check connectSC, USC’s job search site, which may include a few postings from additional engineering employers.
For information about where to find on-campus employment and how to apply: Resources for Finding On-Campus Jobs
Viterbi Career Services
Viterbi Career Services can aid with the job search process, including resume writing, interview skills, and much more. It is geared specifically to help USC engineer and computer science students land their perfect job. Viterbi Career Services provides students with resources such as:
- Undergraduate 4-Year Plan
- Graduate Career Plan
- Professional Development Workshops
- Graduate School Exploration
- Career and Internship Advising
USC Career Center
USC Career Center offers career counseling and resources for every step of a student’s career path, from assessment to implementation. USC Career offers a variety of services including:
- Candid Careers – Insider Information and Advice from USC Alumni
- Career Network – Exclusive Directory of USC Alumni
- Interview Module – Record pre-set mock interviews or customize your own
- Going Global – A guide to help broaden your job search internationally and H-1B information for international students looking to work in the US.
- Graduate & Post-Doc – Resources and Career Development
- Career Calendar – Internship Week, Career Fairs, Career Workshops, and More
- LinkedIn.com/Alumni – Utilize social media to connect with alumni working in your future field
All these resources can be accessed by going to connectSC and selecting “Resources” from the toolbar.
AME Opportunities Page
See AME’s Opportunities web page for more scholarship, internship, and job announcements.
Published on March 14th, 2017
Last updated on October 13th, 2022