Multiple Faculty Positions
The Department of Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo is looking to hire several new faculty in the area of societal and environmental systems. It also has an opening for an endowed chair at an advanced position. Although there is a closing date, the positions will remain open until filled.
Systems Design Engineering – Societal and Environmental Systems (Closes July 31, 2023) From the linked posting:
“The candidate’s expertise may be within or beyond of our existing application areas in energy, water, transportation, environment, climate, housing, conflict resolution, or resiliency. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with campus-wide institutes in these areas and others (https://uwaterloo.ca/research/research-excellence/senate-approved-centres- and-institutes). Methodological expertise in advanced simulation modeling, optimization, data driven methods, multiscale integrative modeling, multiple stakeholder decision making, remote sensing, stochastic non-linear agent-based modeling, or complex systems would complement our existing team.”
Systems Design Engineering – George Soulis Chair in Systems Engineering (Closes August 1, 2023) From the linked posting:
“This tenured/tenure-track position will likely be filled at the rank of Associate or Full Professor … The Soulis Chair will possess significant engineering design experience in their scholarship and pedagogy focused on engineering design. The Chair will act as a leader and advocate for advancing methods of teaching holistic design of complex (or integrated) systems while emphasizing a commitment to design fundamentals. The Chair should possess a vision for the future of engineering design methodology that advances equity, sustainability, ethics, creativity, entrepreneurship, and community empowerment.”
Tenure Track Position in Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering program at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is looking for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering. The primary duty will be teaching undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering Program utilizing modern and inclusive pedagogy. Special consideration will be given for candidates with the ability to teach in instrumentation, automation, controls, and materials areas. Faculty are also expected to participate in curriculum development, academic assessment, undergraduate research and scholarly activities, as well as university/community service. Mechanical engineering faculty also serve as academic advisors and student group advisors in addition to community outreach activities. Faculty are expected to work with colleagues in the department and across campus to improve the diversity of the student body and provide a more inclusive educational experience for all. Additionally, faculty may have the opportunity to teach graduate level courses as part of our online MS Engineering program.is seeking to gather a pool of instructors who are interested in teaching courses as the opportunities arise. The ideal instructor is passionate about teaching undergraduate engineering students and interested in interdisciplinary course instruction and design.
For more details, see the job posting at https://careers.uwplatt.edu/en-us/job/498305/assistant-professor-of-mechanical-engineering. Applications are due by June 16, 2023, but will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Postdoc at Los Alamos
The Extreme Fluids team (http://extremefluids.lanl.gov) at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is looking for a Postdoc (2-3-year appointment) to join our team! Our focus is designing innovative experiments with precision measurements under various flow conditions, including shocked and subsonic variable-density turbulence and multiphase flows. The work includes opportunities to work on:
- Variable-density flows and turbulence
- Shocked flows and dynamics
- Development of tomographic PIV and PLIF diagnostics
The selected Postdoc will be part of a diverse team and will design their own project (with support from their mentor), holding regular meetings with the team and mentor. This Postdoc will design, and setup their experiment, record, and investigate experimental data, and compare results to theoretical models. There will be opportunities to publish high-quality experimental results and present work at international conferences. The team collaborates closely with numerical physicists to simulate the experimental results and incorporate the experimental data into modeling efforts.
The LANL Postdoctoral Program is a pipeline for hiring technical staff at the Laboratory, many of whom first joined LANL as postdocs.
More information is available at https://lanl.jobs/search/jobdetails/fluid-dynamics-postdoctoral-research-associate/02846a3d-7256-4f0a-a802-48ad035926c1.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for a non-tenure track faculty position at the lecturer or Assistant / Associate / Full Professor of Instruction level to start in September 2023, in the Houston Engineering Center (HEC). Rank will be commensurate with experience and credentials. Successful candidates should demonstrate excellent communication skills, and commitment to excellence in teaching using a variety of methods and delivery modes. Candidates should demonstrate a strong commitment to engineering education in a student-centered environment while working on projects for, and connecting with, industrial and external partners
To apply, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psc/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12&JobOpeningId=9811&PostingSeq=1.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Rice University in Houston, Texas, invites applications for a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure-track lecturer position. Applicants with teaching expertise in any area of mechanical engineering will be considered, but familiarity with and/or interest in engineering education, undergraduate teaching at the introductory level, laboratory course design and support, and curricular issues is preferred. The position is expected to start on July 1, 2023
For more information or to apply, see https://apply.interfolio.com/123249.
Asst. or Assoc. Professor
The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) Department of the Wallace H. Coulter School of Engineering at Clarkson University invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank in Aerospace Engineering starting in the 2023/24 academic year (August 1, 2023 preferred). A Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering or related area is required. Applications are sought from an individual with a research focus in space engineering, which may include, but is not limited to: guidance, navigation, and control (GNC), systems engineering and integration, space systems/vehicle design, space robotics and mechatronics, space logistics and manufacturing, or other related areas of aerospace engineering.
The direct link to apply is: https://clarkson.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2365571&&&nohd#job.
Asst. or Assoc. Professor
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Case Western Reserve University is seeking to fill a tenure track faculty position in the area of controls, with an anticipated starting date around July 1, 2023. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For details, please refer to the position announcement: https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023_Faculty-Hiring_Control_CWRU.pdf.
Tenure Track–Mechanics and Materials
The Department of Mechanical Engineering (www.me.udel.edu) at the University of Delaware (UD) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant/Associate Professor level in the field of mechanics and/or materials. Application areas may include, but are not limited to, advanced materials, bio-inspired systems, energy systems, environmental processes, manufacturing and composites. For more information and to apply, go to https://careers.udel.edu/en-us/job/499738/tenure-track-faculty-position-mechanical-engineering
2 Asst. Professor Positions
The Mechanical and Materials Engineering Department at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) has a tenure-track faculty position open in thermo-fluid sciences area available at the assistant professor level. Research areas of interest include but not limited to: liquid/vapor phase change phenomena, fluid mechanics and transport phenomena in different length scales, energy science and engineering, alternative energy systems, vehicle technologies, and smart building technologies. For more information and to apply, go to https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Professor—Mechanical-and-Materials-Engineering-Department–Thermofluid-Sciences-_R0002299.
They also have atenure-track faculty position available in mechanics area at the assistant professor level. Research areas of interest include but not limited to biomechanics, biomedical instrumentation, dynamics & control, machine learning, MEMS, and sensors. For more information see https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Professor—Mechanical-and-Materials-Engineering–Mechanics-_R0002300.
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Oklahoma State University is searching for a tenure-track assistant professor of mechanical engineering. While all competitive candidates will be considered, areas of particular interest include (but are not limited to) teaching and research expertise in one of the following areas: (a) Advanced manufacturing: sustainable manufacturing, scalable micro/nano manufacturing, cyber-enabled manufacturing, and battery manufacturing; (b) Energy systems: energy conversion and storage, sustainable and renewable energy systems, smart grids/power systems, and green buildings and building thermal equipment; (c) Unmanned/autonomous systems: sustainable mobility/transportation, autonomous ground vehicle design and systems integration, computational autonomy/planning, artificial intelligence, machine learning, perception and estimation, data-driven adaptive control. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. For more information see https://okstate.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=8&id=12429.
Professor of Practice
The Wallace H. Coulter School of Engineering at Clarkson University invites applicants to apply for a Professor of Practice teaching track position.
Applications are sought from individuals whose expertise is in the broad area of manufacturing spanning the classical engineering disciplines, such as Mechanical, Chemical, Civil and Electrical engineering. Applicants should have relevant industry experience and be passionate about better preparing engineering graduates to enter the engineering workforce and advancing the economic vitality of the region, state, and nation by regaining US pre-eminence in manufacturing.
For more information see the information sheet at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/ClarksonProfOfPractice1-12-23.pdf.
4 Faculty Openings
The Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering Department at the University of Tennessee—Knoxville (UTK) has 4 faculty position openings with a start date of August 1, 2023. They are looking for:
- A full professor in Sustainable and Smart Advanced Manufacturing. For details, see https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/UTK_MABE_ME_Full_Prof_Search.pdf.
- An assistant professor with expertise in: dynamics, controls and robotics; soft robots, meta-materials, bio-inspired systems, and smart and adaptive materials. More details are at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/UTK_MABE_ME_Assistant_Prof_Search.pdf.
- One assistant and one associate professor in computational fluid dynamics with an emphasis on unsteady aerodynamics and aeroelasticity, multi-disciplinary design optimization, and propulsion. More information is available at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/UTK_MABE_AE_Search.pdf.
Seeking an Assisant Professor
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s Mechanical Engineering Department invites applications and nominations for the 9-month tenure track position of Assistant Professor (Advanced Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics). A tenure-track faculty member for this position is expected to be an excellent teacher in a cross-section of the following areas: Automation, Autonomous Systems, Controls, Dynamics, Dynamic Systems, Robotics, as applicable to the wider area of Advance Manufacturing/Industry 4.0. The preferred start date is August 2023. Applications submitted by February 17, 2023, will receive preferential consideration, though the review process will continue until the position is filled.
For more information, see https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/UofLa-Lafayette12-14-22.pdf. To apply, go to https://louisiana.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/2091?c=louisiana.
The School of Engineering at Brown University seeks applications from exceptionally talented researchers who aspire to careers as academic leaders, creating independent research, and pursuing pathways to discovery and innovation.
Applications for the Hope Street Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 will be considered from scholars working in the areas of Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Fluids and Thermal Sciences, Materials Science, and Solid Mechanics. Hope Street Postdoctoral Fellows receive an annual salary plus benefits, and a travel stipend. For more information and to apply, go to https://apply.interfolio.com/118207.
The School also seeks applications for the Hibbitt Engineering Fellowship 2023 especially in the areas of Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Fluids and Thermal Sciences, Materials Science and Engineering, and Solid Mechanics. The Hibbitt Engineering Fellows will receive an annual salary plus benefits and an additional research and travel stipend. For more information and to apply, go to https://apply.interfolio.com/117481.
The anticipated start date for both of these full-time positions is July/August 2023. The initial appointment is for one year, with an expected renewal for a second year given satisfactory progress.
Lecturers in Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering program at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is seeking to gather a pool of instructors who are interested in teaching courses as the opportunities arise. The ideal instructor is passionate about teaching undergraduate engineering students and interested in interdisciplinary course instruction and design.
Futher information is available at https://careers.uwplatt.edu/en-us/job/497966/mechanical-engineering-lecturer. At least 1 position is open to start in January, 2023.
Climate and AE Positions
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) and the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science (MEMS) in the Pratt School of Engineering at Duke University invite applicants for multiple tenure-track faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level with research interests in engineering solutions to climate and sustainability challenges. This cluster hire across two highly collaborative departments is synergistic with Duke’s University-Wide Climate Commitment (https://2022.climate.duke.edu). More information about this opening can be found at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/DukeClusterHireClimate11-7-22.pdf and at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/23462.
The Thomas Lord Department also invites applicants for multiple tenure-track Assistant Professor faculty positions with research interests in aerospace engineering broadly. Topics include, but are not limited to: autonomous/robotic aerospace vehicles and systems, dynamics of fluids, large-scale flow instabilities, unsteady aerodynamics and aeroelasticity, turbulence, flow control using autonomous materials and meta-materials, energy efficient propulsion and aircraft systems, and computational fluid dynamics. More information about this opening can be found at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Duke_MEMS_Aero_Search.pdf and at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22948).
2 Positions-Fluids and Robotics
The Mechanical Engineering department at California State University, Northridge has 2 tenure-track faculty positions in the areas of fluid mechanics and autonomous systems & robotics.
The successful fluid mechanics candidate will be responsible for teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in mechanical engineering, especially in the area of Fluid Mechanics. Candidates must demonstrate a specialization in either experimental methodologies or computational analysis/simulation of complex models involving fluids. They are expected to develop and conduct an effective research program in areas of fluid-structure-interactions, turbulent flows, flow of complex fluids, or bio-inspired fluid mechanics. More details about this position are available at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/CSUN-FluidMechanicsTT-11-7-22.pdf.
The successful candidate in autonomous systems, robotics, and mechatronics will teach courses in areas of kinematics and dynamics, mechatronics, and robotics, and have research interests in robotics, dynamics and controls, and automation (sensor technology and instrumentation). Candidates should be able to teach the core content of the Mechanical Engineering curriculum at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as possess the ability to develop and supervise hands-on projects for the senior design culminating experience. More details about this position are available at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/CSUN-AutonomousSystemsTT-11-7-22.pdf
Asst./Assoc. Professor in ME
The Department of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing at California State University, Chico is seeking an Assistant or Associate Professor of Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or Advanced Manufacturing beginning Fall 2023. See the official job posting at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/ch/en-us/job/520571/
Asst. Professor in Wind Energy Controls
The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MIE) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of Dynamics and Controls of Wind Energy Systems. The proposed starting date is August 31, 2023. Details about this position are available at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/UMassAmherstMIE-DynandContrlWindEnergySystems11-7-22.pdf
Several Open Rank Positions in ME
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Alabama (UA) is seeking outstanding applicants for multiple tenure-track faculty positions at all ranks. Candidates with research interests across all domains relevant to mechanical engineering are encouraged to apply; however, candidates with expertise and research interests related to advanced manufacturing systems and clean and renewable energy are a particular focus of one or more of the positions in this search.
More information can be found in the flyer.
Open Rank Position in ME
The University of Texas at San Antonio has embarked on a cluster-hiring in the area of Human Performance to establish research and educational excellence focused on improving human performance for health, elite sport, and military applications. The Human Performance Initiative (HPI) is a collaboration between the Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design and The College for Health, Community and Policy. More information is available at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/UTSA-10-26-22.pdf.
Tenure-Track Position in ME
Penn State Berks (Reading, PA) invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Engineering, beginning August 2023 or when agreed upon. Job responsibilities include teaching courses such as Engineering Statics, MATLAB, Vibrations, Robotics, System Dynamics, and other courses in the BS in Mechanical Engineering and BS in Electromechanical Engineering Technology programs. For questions regarding the position, contact Dr. Rungun Nathan, Search Chair, at email@example.com. For more information, see the flyer.
Multiple Faculty Positions in MAE
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) has multiple openings and searches for faculty positions this year. Details and links to the application websites are:
- Multiple Open Rank Faculty Positions in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering – https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF07919.
At least one of these faculty positions is designated in Aerospace Engineering, especially (but not exclusively) in the application areas of spacecraft systems, including propulsion and remote sensing; autonomy for aircraft and space systems; aerospace structures and fluid-structure interactions; aerospace-related cyber-physical systems; and related subjects.
- Open Rank Faculty Position in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering with Service Emphasis on Mentorship – https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF07953.
Note that the open faculty positions described in (1) and (2) have identical expectations for excellence in research, teaching, and service. The position with “service emphasis on mentorship” seeks to attract candidates with significant dedication to and experience with mentorship who wish to emphasize providing research and professional development opportunities for our diverse student body. Service expectations will not exceed those of other faculty positions; it is only the emphasis that differs. Candidates are welcome to respond to both ads.
3 Faculty Openings in ME
The Department of Mechanical Engineering & Mechanics (MEM) at Lehigh University has 3 openings for tenure-track faculty:
- Fluid Mechanics (Assistant Professor) with an emphasis on physics-based machine learning model development or high-fidelity computational techniques, with an emphasis on applications such as renewable energy, aerospace, and/or biological flows. Interested candidates may apply for the position at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22851. This is a search in MEM. [Deadline: 12/01/22]
- Coastal Infrastructure and Energy (Assistant Professor) with emphasis on Tidal, wave, and offshore wind energy systems; renewable energy storage systems; or other areas synergistic with the Blue Economy. The candidate is expected to be collaborative and work with researchers in Lehigh’s Energy Research Center and the newly formed DOE Atlantic Marine Energy Center. Interested candidates may apply for the position at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/23343. This is a search in the Institute of Cyber-Physical Infrastructure and Energy (ICPIE). [Deadline: 12/31/22]
- Robotics (Open Rank) with emphasis on human-robot interaction, wearable robots, and healthcare robots. Candidates are required to have a Ph.D. degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field by the date of hire. The hire can choose one or multiple departments as their disciplinary home. Interested candidates may apply for the position https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22955. This is an engineering interdisciplinary search. [Deadline: 11/15/22]
Any inquiries regarding this search should be directed to Barbara McGuire.
2 Faculty Openings in Solid Mechanics
For the first position, ideal candidates should have a demonstrated research strength in Mechanics of Light Weight Materials and Structures with a focus on the fabrication and/or impact/crash performance of lightweight materials (metals, polymer matrix composites, hybrids), components and structures. Applicants with expertise in experimental testing and computational methods within these focus areas, including constitutive and failure behaviour (plasticity, fracture, impact) among others, are encouraged to apply. Research expertise combining these focus areas with other disciplines, such as machine learning and data-driven simulations, is also welcome.
For the second position, ideal candidates should have a demonstrated research strength in Solid Body Mechanics and Design with experimental and/or numerical expertise that complement or fit with the Solid Body Mechanics and Mechanical Design group. Current research areas include advanced manufacturing (e.g. cold spray additive manufacturing), materials characterization, fatigue, biomechanics, composites, dynamics and vibration. Candidates who can leverage existing infrastructure will be prioritized.
The application period for both positions closes November 30, 2022. More information on these 2 positions is available from the job posting at https://uwaterloo.ca/engineering/faculty-opening-solid-mechanics?utm_source=iio&utm_medium=iio&utm_id=iio.
Asst./Assoc./Full Professor of Practice in ME
The Walker Department of Mechanical Engineering seeks applicants for an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Instruction or Practice. The person in this position will be expected to teach a range of related mechanical engineering lecture and/or lab courses, in addition to participating in teaching the senior capstone design course. Examples of other courses include but are not limited to those in design and manufacturing, thermal fluid systems, and systems and controls. Depending on the courses taught, responsibilities could include supervision of graduate teaching assistants, solicitation of capstone design projects from external and internal sponsors, organization and management of project teams, co-supervision of support staff and coordination with project sponsors, faculty co-instructors, and project faculty advisors. Our undergraduate courses are currently taught in person.
For more information and to apply, go to https://apply.interfolio.com/114327.
2 Asst. Professor Positions in ME
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for two tenure‐track Assistant Professor positions with appointment to begin Fall 2023. The department seeks candidates with expertise in all fields of mechanical engineering but is especially interested in the areas of integrated artificial intelligence design, advanced manufacturing, renewable energy, energy storage, and scientific computing. To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by November 18, 2022. The anticipated appointment date is August 17, 2023
For more information on these jobs, see the position announcement at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/CSUF-2022.pdf.
2 Tenure-Track Openings
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Gannon University’s Erie, Pennsylvania Campus is hiring for multiple faculty positions in the area of solid mechanics, including dynamic systems and control, materials science, or manufacturing to begin August 2023.
For more information and to apply for this job, go to https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/9025.
NC State MAE Now Hiring
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NC State University is now hiring multiple open rank faculty members in both Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering fields, along with Professional Track Teaching faculty.
- –No longer available–Mechanical Engineering Faculty Applicants with research expertise in the following fields are especially encouraged
- Biofluid mechanics and computational fluid dynamics
- Renewable energy, energy storage, and sustainability
- Robotics and Control
- Engineering applications of data analytics and machine learning
- –No longer available–Aerospace Engineering Faculty Applicants with research expertise in the following fields are especially encouraged:
- Systems Design
- Multifunctional Materials/Structures
- Teaching Faculty Applicants who are able to teach Controls and Mechanics are
For more information on these jobs, see the NC State MAE flyer at https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/NCStateMAE10-3-22.pdf.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) has multiple tenure-track faculty position openings. The information of openings and application is listed below:
- Energy technology with emphasis on sustainable energy system integration, renewable energy, energy storage, and energy modeling.
https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UNLV-External/job/ UNLV1-Maryland-Campus /Assistant-Associate-Professor–Mechanical-Engineering-in-Energy-Technology–College-of-Engineering–R0132583-_R0132583 .
- Nuclear engineering with emphasis on computational modeling of radiation transport, nuclear criticality, reactors, radiation detection, remote radiation sensing, and nuclear thermal propulsion rockets.
https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UNLV-External/job/ UNLV1-Maryland-Campus/Assistant-Associate-Professor–Mechanical-Engineering-with-Emphasis-on-Nuclear–College-of-Engineering–R0132680-_R0132680 .
- Dynamic, Control, and Unmanned Systems/Robotics
- Aerospace engineering with emphasis on computational fluid dynamics, gas dynamics, high-speed aerodynamics, unmanned/autonomous systems.
https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UNLV-External/job/ UNLV1-Maryland-Campus/Assistant-Associate-Professor–Mechanical-Engineering–College-of-Engineering–R0132674-_R0132674 .
Multiple Tenure-Track Positions
The Walker Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin seeks applicants for multiple tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor. Candidates in the following areas of mechanical engineering will be considered. (Candidates are encouraged to view these areas of emphasis in the broadest sense in determining whether they match their research skills and interests.)
ADVANCED MANUFACTURING, including, but not limited to, additive manufacturing, nanomanufacturing, biomanufacturing, and manufacturing of flexible devices with an emphasis on smart manufacturing, including real-time metrology, data analytics, and process control
SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS, with an emphasis on design and manufacturing
NUCLEAR AND RADIATION ENGINEERING, including: (a) materials in nuclear and space environments; (b) radiation interactions/effects in materials and materials survivability; (c) chemical engineering and processing of nuclear materials; and (d) nuclear reactor thermal hydraulics
ROBOTICS, including the development of: (a) bio-inspired robotic systems, including soft actuation and sensing; (b) autonomous vehicles and transportation systems, including ground, aerial, underwater and/or space vehicles; and (c) novel control techniques, especially in multi-agent systems, human-centered robotics, and/or human-robot teaming
THERMAL-FLUID SCIENCES, including: (a) climate change and clean energy; (b) microelectronics and quantum hardware; (c) biomedical instrumentation; and (d) data sciences
For more information, see the flyer (https://ame.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/UT-A-ME-FacSearch.pdf or visit: https://www.me.utexas.edu/people/faculty-jobs.
To apply, please visit: http://apply.interfolio.com/113653.
Several Faculty Positions
The J. Mike Walker ’66 Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University has several tenured/tenure-track faculty positions and academic professional (non-tenure) positions open:
- Tenured/Tenure Track: Open Rank. The department will consider individuals with demonstrated expertise and experience in robotics, automation, and mechatronics. Complementary skills in machine design, ROS software, controls, simulation, dynamics, manipulation, mobility, perception and autonomy architectures are desired. Apply at https://apply.interfolio.com/112478.
- Tenured/Tenure Track: Open Rank. The department will consider individuals with demonstrated expertise and experience in emerging topics in mechanical engineering. These topics include but are not limited to: (1) Energy: storage, alternative, electric/energy grid, system-level analysis; (2) Autonomous and Human Machine systems: shared autonomy/automation, augmented reality/virtual reality; (3) Health Care: wearable sensors, modeling of diseases, statistical and data analysis for healthcare systems, medical robotics; (4) Resiliency: Infrastructure resiliency, vibrations and structural diagnostics, reduce reliance on rare Earth metals (critical materials), supply chain resilience; (5) Hypersonics: experimental and computational hypersonics, directed energy, laser-based diagnostics, aerothermodynamics, and multifunctional materials; and (6) Design: computational methods for materials, manufacturing, adaptive structures and systems design. Apply at https://apply.interfolio.com/112886.
- Academic Professional Track (Non-tenure) Open Rank and Title The department will consider individuals with demonstrated expertise and experience teaching undergraduate students in courses in the mechanical engineering discipline including, but not restricted to SolidWorks, engineering experimentation, measurements, and numerical methods with computer programming and capstone design. Applicants with engineering education pedagogical research expertise will be given priority. Apply at https://apply.interfolio.com/111202.
- Academic Professional Track (Non-tenure) Open Rank and Title The department will consider individuals with demonstrated expertise and experience in teaching and/or providing writing instructional support to undergraduate and graduate students in writing courses in the mechanical engineering discipline including, but not restricted to the writing component of mechanical measurements and design. Applicants with experience teaching technical writing will be given preference. Apply at https://apply.interfolio.com/111203.
Tenure Track Position in ME
The Department of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science at Washington University in St. Louis invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in mechanical engineering.
Imaging science, soft matter and biomaterials, energy and the environment, neurotechnology, and artificial intelligence are key areas of interest within the McKelvey School of Engineering. The Department of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science seeks candidates with research interests in these areas and/or complementary to the department’s current research foci (cf. https://mems.wustl.edu/faculty-research/index.html). Further details can be found at https://engineering.wustl.edu/faculty/openings.html#MEMS.
Applicants should apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/114212.
5 Faculty Positions
The Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering (HWCOE) at the University of Florida (Gainesville) invites applications for multiple full-time, nine-month tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor although, exceptional candidates at higher ranks will be considered. The positions have an anticipated start date of August 2023.
UF is seeking to fill up to 5 positions in the following areas:
- Space Mechanics and/or human spaceflight whose areas of interest include but is not limited to the following: space propulsion, space domain/space situational awareness (e.g., in cislunar/ex-GEO regions), or any related spacecraft/space science fields.
- Combustion/Multi-Phase flow experimentalist.
- Green Energy with a preference for hydrogen production and utilization.
- Energy resiliency and security using AI focused methods
For more information and to apply, go to https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/522866/astasofull-prof.
4 Faculty Positions
Syracuse University’s Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering has openings for 2 tenure track and 2 teaching faculty. The positions are
Assistant Professor in Aerospace Engineering. Preference will be given to candidates who can cover fundamental courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the general areas of Aerospace Engineering, such as Fluids, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Performance and Dynamics, Space Technologies, and Emerging Technologies in Aerospace Engineering. The anticipated start date is Fall, 2023. For more information, see the flyer and the job posting at https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/94912.
Assistant Professor, Solid Mechanics. The department is interested in candidates who conduct fundamental research in the broad area of computational and/or experimental mechanics of materials and structures. Examples of research foci include, but are not limited to, mechanics of intelligent materials and structures, mechanics of soft materials, mechanics of interfaces, mechanics of energy materials, and advanced modeling and simulation techniques. The selected candidate will be expected to address teaching needs in the areas of solid mechanics and mechanical engineering at both undergraduate and graduate levels. The anticipated start date is Fall, 2023. For more information, see the flyer and the job posting at https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/94961.
2 teaching professor positions. The faculty members are expected to provide excellent instruction at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. A strong commitment to teaching excellence is essential, and preference will be given to candidates who can teach fundamental courses in the general areas of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, including but not limited to Statics, Dynamics, Manufacturing, Materials, Mechanics of Solids, Structures, Design, Thermal-Fluids Sciences, and Controls. The anticipated start date is Fall, 2023. For more information, see the flyer and the job posting at https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/94843.
4 TT Faculty in Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Clemson University has opening for 4 tenure track faculty at the assistant or associate professor level. The positions’ starting date is August, 2022. The Department has a particular interest in candidates in these areas:
- Energy systems, renewable energy. The Department has a particular interest in candidates in the areas of renewable energy, modeling and optimization of energy systems, next-generation controls of energy systems using Industry 4.0 technologies, building energy systems, and heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. This position is a part of college-wide cluster and supports Clemson University’s two strategic areas of research, namely, Energy, Transportation and Advanced Manufacturing and Sustainable Environments. More information is at https://apply.interfolio.com/104732.
- Materials. The Department has a particular interest in applicants in the area of materials, such as materials for extreme environments, functional materials, smart materials and nuclear materials. This position is a part of the university-wide emphasis on advanced materials and preference will be given to applicants with expertise in engineering new materials for specific applications using experimental tools, characterization techniques and/or data-driven modeling and simulation. Multiple positions. More information is at https://apply.interfolio.com/103280.
- Design. Of particular interest are candidates in the area of engineering design with applications to systems engineering, data science, AI, and machine learning. This position is a part of college-wide AI cluster and preference will be given to applicants with expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data-driven decision making to support the realization of large-scale complex electro-mechanical systems. More information is at https://apply.interfolio.com/103472.
- Dynamics & controls, systems, data science. The Department has a particular interest in applicants in the areas of dynamics, controls, system theory, data science, AI, robotics, and machine learning. This position is a part of college-wide AI cluster and preference will be given to applicants with expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data-driven decision making, with transformative use of data-analytics tools to applications involving autonomy, robotics, and large-scale complex systems. Multiple positions. More information is at https://apply.interfolio.com/102152. This position no longer open.
Asst. Professor, Biomedical Engineering
The University of the District of Columbia is looking to fill a faculty opening in biomedical engineering at the assistant professor level. Candidates should have earned a doctorate in Biomedical Engineering, or closely related field, and have a strong record of research, teaching and scholarly works that are commensurate with appointment at the rank of assistant professor. See UDC’s announcement at https://udc.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2hbyxhpjfe7 for additional requirements and application information.
Lecturer in ME
Tennessee Tech’s Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking for a person to fill a full time, nine-month, non-tenure track lecturer position to begin August 1, 2022. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate-level courses in Mechanical Engineering. Preference will be given to applicants with a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering. Preference will also be given to applicants having experience supporting student learning in curricular or extra-curricular activities with expertise in Energy, Thermal and Fluid Mechanics.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://jobs.tntech.edu/.
Tuskegee Wants 2 Assistant Professors in Aerospace
The Department of Aerospace Science Engineering at Tuskegee University has two faculty positions open at the Assistant Professor level. They are looking for faculty with expertise in Orbital Mechanics/Flight Controls/Aerodynamics/Propulsion. Since this is an undergraduate department, the successful candidates should be able/willing to teach typical undergraduate aerospace engineering courses including the capstone flight vehicle design course. For further info, contact Prof. M. Javed Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honda Performance Development–CFD
Honda Performance Development (Honda Racing), located in Santa Clarita, CA, has an opening for a CFD position in their Aerodynamics Group.
The job duties involve using Ansys CFD tools to calculate aerodynamics and cooling performance of Honda racing cars and working with the Design Dept. on vehicle geometry preparation and supporting development work in the Wind Tunnel. (Cf. Description of CFD work in the other HPD announcement located below.)
This is a contract employment for duration of 12 months, with a follow-up possibility of transfer to a permanent associate position with Honda.
For further information, contact
HPD Contact: Dr. Ante Soda, Tel: (661) 414-4389 E-mail: email@example.com
Graduate Student Worker in CAM
Looking for students able to work over the summer and during the Fall/ Spring semesters
- The Role:
- The role is to assist in running service machines at the Center for Advanced Manufacturing, to design and manufacture parts for both educational and commercial clients.
- The current list of machines includes: EOS m290 DMLS metal 3D printer, Haas DT-1 CNC machining center, Babyplast 610p Injection Molding machines.
- Take a CAD design all the way from prototyping to production
- Determine ideal working material for designs
- Tend the machine making minor adjustments when necessary
- Recognize product flaws & implements corrective action
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or similar
- Proficiency in using solid modeling CAD design software (Solidworks, Siemens NX)
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Contact: Interested students can apply by emailing Alec Kanyuck, CAM Service Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The General James H. Doolittle Scholarship for aerospace science & engineering students will be one or more scholarships of up to $5000. To apply, students should be college juniors, seniors or graduate students pursuing a degree in aerospace science, aeronautical engineering or a related field at any accredited college or university in the United States or its possessions. Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 GPA and have completed at least 52 hours of college course work by the end of the academic semester in which they apply. Applicants must also be citizens of the United States.
Additional details can be found at this page.
Honda Performance Development Internship
Honda Performance Development (Honda Racing), located in Santa Clarita, CA, have two paid internship opportunities for final year masters students or recent graduates with simulation experience. They may also consider a skilled undergraduate. Applicants must be a US citizen or green card holder.
One position is open in the field of race car aerodynamics and thermodynamics simulations. Typical CFD applications include aerodynamics development of racing cars, heat transfer and CHT simulations for brake cooling, flow through heat exchangers and engine compartment flows.
The second position is available in the field of race car aerodynamics testing in wind tunnel and on track. Typical testing application fields include wind tunnel testing in a full-scale facility, on-road testing and related statistical data analysis, on-car instrumentation and related data acquisition.
For further information, contact
HPD Contact: Dr. Ante Soda, Tel: (661) 414-4389 E-mail: email@example.com
ANSYS Contact: Kyle Kaplan, Kyle.Kaplan@ansys.com
As a means of increasing the number of U.S. citizens and nationals trained in science and engineering disciplines of military importance, the Department of Defense offers the Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program. SMART is a competitive offering open to undergraduate or graduate students in (most) STEM programs who are citizens of the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or the UK. Scholarships include full tuition and fees, a monthly stipend, a books & supplies allowance, and a health insurance allowance. Applicants select a DoD facility or agency where they would prefer to work. Recipients are obligated to participate in summer internship programs and accept DoD employment after graduation.
The application period for scholarships beginning in 2023 opens August 01, 2022, and runs through December 1, 2022.
For more information about the SMART Scholarship Program and to apply, go to https://www.smartscholarship.org/smart.
Published on January 16th, 2018
Last updated on May 26th, 2023