WISE Gabilan Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
- 2011, Doctoral Degree, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2006, Master's Degree, Mechanical Engineering, University of Victoria
- 2004, Bachelor's Degree, Aerospace Engineering, Florida Institute of Technology
Dr Alejandra Uranga is currently an Assistant Professor at the USC Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering. Before joining USC in 2016, she was a Postdoctoral Associate (1 years) and then a Research Engineer (4 years) in the Aeronautics and Astronautics Department at MIT. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering from Florida Tech, a Master of Applied Sciences in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Victoria, BC, Canada, and a PhD degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from MIT.
Dr Uranga's research interests are in aerodynamics, novel aircraft design, and integrated propulsion systems, for which she favors a combined computational and experimental approach. Her work aims to help achieve environmentally sustainable aviation. She leads the Aerodynamic Research and Design Laboratory at USC.
- Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
- OHE 500P
- Olin Hall of Engineering
- 3650 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 1450
- (213) 821-0846