Undergraduate Student Resources

Academic Advisement

Academic advisors are here to help students plan their academic and career goals. They will provide students with information about degree requirements, refer students to campus resources, and clarify questions about academic policies or procedures.

Students will meet with an academic advisor each semester prior to registering for classes to discuss their course plan and schedule. Advisement is required each semester for all Viterbi undergraduate students to review their course plans and lift their mandatory advisement hold.

All Viterbi freshmen students meet with a first-year advisor in RTH 110. As Viterbi Sophomores, students meet with an academic advisor in their declared major. In AME, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are advised by AME staff, located in OHE 500C,D, & F.